- Support the implementation of Sustainability Strategy, particularly in regard to projects within the Social Pillar of the strategy, with the aim to support the delivery of a welcoming, respectful and safe tournament environment for all participants and attendees
- Particular projects that the Social Impact Manager will contribute to or manage include:
- Provision of regular support and advice to functional areas, as well as review policies and procedures, enabling them to understand, identify and manage social impacts related to their work;
- Organization of internal and external stakeholder communication, meetings and events related to sustainability and social impact;
- Development of guidance to be provided to fans regarding how to interact with other fans in a way that is respectful, inclusive, culturally sensitive and non-discriminatory;
- Production of training and awareness raising videos for staff, volunteers, and contractors to promote an inclusive tournament experience for everyone; and
- Enabling tournament organisers to capture and transfer knowledge for future events effectively.
- Manage external contractors to deliver some of the projects mentioned above.
- Manage Sustainability Venue Operations at an official competition site during the FWC. This includes working with subject matter specialists, contractors, and volunteers, to plan, coordinate and/or manage operations to:
- reduce environmental impacts (e.g., promoting recycling awareness raising);
- protect the health of participants and attendees (e.g., tobacco-free procedures);
- enable an inclusive tournament experience for participants and attendees (e.g., services for disabled spectators); and
- deliver sustainability awareness raising campaigns.
As a member of Q22 Sustainability Team, the Social Impact Manager will support the maintenance of an effective sustainability management system for the tournament in line with the requirements of ISO 20121, including the development and implementation of action plans and operational processes, capacity building, stakeholder engagement and communication, monitoring and evaluation of performance, and reporting and knowledge transfer.
The Q22 Social Impact Manager will work closely with FIFA Head of Human Rights & Anti-Discrimination as well as Sustainability & Diversity staff based in Zurich and relevant teams within FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 LLC and the Supreme Committee for Delivery & Legacy to deliver jointly managed projects and activities.